KZN Racing Membership Form: KZN Racing Membership Form
Please note: you only have to belong to one MSA affiliated Club. If you ride Enduro’s and join WFO you do not need to join KZN Racing to ride X-Country or NORMC to participate in Offroad bikes.
Comparisons – using lowest Medical Insurance values – 2016
|Costing||Cost||WOW||Club mans||Reg ional|
|MSA Licence Annual||300||480||960|
|MSA Medical Benefit Limit|
|Regional And National|
|Postage for MSA Licence||25||25|
|Total Cost of Licence||300||1088||1877|
2016 – MSA WOW LICENCE
– We are hoping that WOW licences will still be available for 2017
Motorsport South Africa is pleased to announce a new type of licence to be made available to all Offroad Motorcycle, Quad and Enduro competitors in 2016. The WOW (Weekend Offroad Warrior) licence is aimed at introducing recreational riders to MSA events and listed below are the broad details concerning these licences:
- The licence will be in the form of a paper licence sent via email to the competitor.
- The licence will be R100 per event or R300 once-off for an annual WOW licence.
- No credit will be granted against the cost of an annual licence should a rider decide to upgrade to a regular MSA licence during the course of the year. The full cost of the annual licence, as well as the cost of any associated personal accident insurance purchase/upgrade, will be payable in such instances.
- All event organisers running Offroad and Enduro events under the auspices of MSA are encouraged to make provision for a WOW class at these events.
- All WOW licence holders must appear on the relevant event’s race results and be scored separately in the WOW class.
- Competitors with regular MSA licences (annual or one event) cannot enter the WOW class. Any such rider who incorrectly enters the WOW class will not be scored in the dedicated WOW Log that MSA will maintain.
- Once a competitor purchases three (3) one event WOW licences, he/she will automatically be entitled to receive an annual WOW Licence valid for the remainder of the year.
- MSA personal accident insurance cover is not mandatory for WOW licence holders but riders who elect not to take out MSA cover will be required to satisfy event organisers (and therefore the medical teams at events) that they have their own personal accident insurance/medical aid so as not to be referred to public hospitals in the event of an accident.
- MSA personal accident insurance specifically tailored for WOW licence holders can be purchased at an annual fee of R200 (regardless of the number of WOW events competed in) and will offer medical expenses cover up to a limit of R50 000.
- For any queries, please liaise with Carmen Hill at MSA Head Office (011 675 2220 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
MOTORSPORT SOUTH AFRICA GETS “SMART” LICENCES
Motorsport South Africa is moving with technology and getting Smarter!!!!
MSA was the first Federation to introduce internet based licence applications and has taken online licencing further by developing “Smart” licences. This means that effective from 2015 any competitor with a “Smart” phone can have their licence available on their phone, making plastic licence cards outdated in time to come. MSA is proud to state that this is in line with our environmental efforts to make motorsport paperless, plastic free and environmentally friendly.
The process is very simple, once the licence is processed via the MSA Online Licence sitewww.msaonline.co.za, you will receive the licence via e-mail with a unique Dynamic barcode which you scan onto your phone via a QR Code Reader App. The QR Code App can be downloaded “free” from the app stores on any smart phone.
No more lost licences or worrying about forgetting licences at home, even Event Secretaries can scan the bar code for confirmation of licences at events. No more having to hold a temporary licence while waiting for the post office to deliver your licence card.
Instant quick and permanent. Couldn’t get easier than that!!!